Lab Notebook & Research Data Digital Scanning
When you want to digitize and protect your organization’s vital research information, choose a partner who understands image quality and record completeness, process-oriented execution, and data security. If these are important to you, you’re in the right hands with us!
We’re headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, right in the heart of Silicon Valley’s booming biotech community, and we have decades of experience working with organizations that are focused on finding better ways to manage and protect their paper and microfilm records. When you choose to work with us you’ll get an experienced project team that will guide you through a simple and secure process for digitizing and archiving your intellectual property records (lab notebooks, ancillary binders, and other research documents). And the original records will be back in your hands in no time because we understand that it’s very difficult to convince your scientists to even let their research notes out of their sight.
- Protect against damage, loss, and other unforeseen disasters (backup disaster recovery).
- Create a fast and simple method of accessing your data.
- Reduce or eliminate physical storage requirements and costs.
- Pick-up/delivery via BMI vehicles and personnel.
- Secure storage and tracking of your records and data within BMI’s facility.
- Non-destructive color capture of all records using scanning hardware that utilizes a cradle and glass cover to ensure optimum clarity of the notebook images.
- Archiving of PDF file data deliverable to DVD or USB drive.
- Key fob and photo ID required for employee access to BMI facility.
- Production area is separated from public access lobby via electronic door entry and restricted to authorized personnel only.
- Knowledge that your scanning partner has worked with all levels of public government (city, county, state, federal), handles law and court documents, health records, and other PII and sensitive data.
If you’re looking for some more info to help you along on your digital conversion journey, below are some recommendations:
Your projects are important to your operations and we treat each as a unique event. Our “Project Review Process” gives you a look at how your project goes from just an idea to a reality.
Our ““Security” page gives you an overview of the processes and procedures we employ to protect your data. Security is critical to in the biotech community to protect research data and new innovations, and feeling comfortable with your vendor is a must.