Document Management & Hosting
Whether you are trying to get more from an existing document management system or considering a new approach altogether, BMI can help improve the secure storage and access of information throughout your operations. BMI’s document management solutions include on premise and document hosting options that fundamentally centralize important organization records in one, secure location. For decades, BMI has been implementing custom document management and records management solutions to help organization realize their paperless initiatives.
Our Approach to Document Management & Hosting
Capture Your Documents and Data to One System
Regardless of where your documents are located or what format they come in, our document management solutions can capture any type of content. BMI offers an extensive array of capture tools that preserve the original file type of your documents.
- Scan paper documents that are piled up in mailrooms, storage rooms and filing cabinets
- Import electronic documents (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, images, CAD) that are sitting in share drives, SharePoint libraries, email inboxes and Intranet sites
- Capture advanced print streams (ERM/COLD) such as statements, bills and invoices
- Extract data from documents and eliminate manual, error-prone data entry tasks
- Migrate large quantities of pre-indexed documents
- Ingest XML, HL7 and EDI data during the course of business
Transform Your Organizational Processes with Workflow and BPM
Workflow and business process management (BPM) can take your document management solution to the next level by automating predictable steps, allowing you to increase productivity without increasing staff.
- Solutions for accounts payable/receivable, human resources, claims handling and other case-based scenarios
- Optimize the way documents and data flow through your organization
- Ensure that business rules are applied consistently to documents moving through your system and track where items are in-process at any time
- eForms plug-in to enhance document management systems with automated, electronic form data (e.g. gather form data from web-sites, Intranet sites)
Easily Access Your Content from Anywhere
Now that your documents are available electronically, you have comprehensive methods to search and retrieve that simply don’t exist in the physical, paper world.
- Retrieve documents by searching for pre-determined index values (e.g. last name, date, case number)
- Full-text search options to find records based on any word or phrase within the content
- Access content from any device, including desktops, laptops, tablets and smartphones
- Access from other organizational applications so users continue to work with familiar screens (e.g. Outlook, Office, SharePoint, ERP and many others)
Integrate Document Management with Your Other Applications
Ensure that existing business applications work with your document management system.
- Image enable existing business applications with document management functionality
- Intelligently link documents and data within the central document management repository to transactions and activities in other applications
- Eliminate wasted time switching between screens to find the right information; users stay in their familiar application interfaces
- Reduce manual data entry and errors with instant updates to business applications as soon as the document management repository receives it
Store, Secure and Retain Your Content
Meet compliance requirements by declaring and safeguarding records in a system-enforced way so that you can demonstrate compliance with regulations and avoid legal, monetary and procedural penalties.
- Maintain complete control over who can access the information and exactly what they can do with it
- Utilize Active Directory and LDAP to simplify administration
- Access to documents can be granted at a granular level, from single documents all the way to entire system access
- Audit trails give total visibility to record access time, by whom and action taken
- Manage length of retention and final disposition of documents; automatically dispose of documents or have emails sent at time of disposal for final approval