Digital Record Conversion For Schools & Districts
BMI helps educational institutions digitally convert transcripts, student records, school board minutes, student billing, HR records and more. We offer unique solutions for paper and microfilm conversions, including traditional scanning projects, scanning and importing into your existing content management system, and Digital ReeL. As a leading document management solutions provider in education, BMI regularly works with K-12, school districts and trade schools to enhance department collaboration and streamline student services. Our secure offerings empower schools to become more efficient, make better informed decisions and focus more resources on student achievement.
Paper To Digital Records Conversion For Schools & Districts Includes:
- Paper: small, legal, large, oversize formats, notebooks and books
- High volume back-file conversion and distributed, scan-on-demand multi-location solutions
- Document capture and data acquisition for integration with existing systems like Tyler, Microsoft SharePoint, Hyland OnBase, Laserfiche, EMC (Documentum, ApplicationXtender) and more
- Microforms: microfilm (16/35mm roll film), 3M cartridge film, microfiche (jacketed, COM, aperture cards)
- Innovative Digital ReeL solution provides affordable and practical solution for infrequently accessed records on microfilm
- Improve on-demand access to microfilm and microfiche collections with easy-to-use web-hosted application.
- Digital image output formats include PDF, PDF/A, JPG, TIFF and GIF
- Full suite of digital imaging processing, indexing and data entry capabilities
- Microfilming and preservation of records to microfilm to meet compliance requirements
- Avoid the need for on-site IT maintenance by hosting your document management application and school records at our secure data center
- Users can remotely retrieve student records, transcripts, billing and HR information online from a Web browser
- Replace, upgrade or add to an existing student record and office administration document management system
- Streamline the movement of student, HR and admissions data across your departments with an automated workflow process
- Redact and block out sensitive information on student records
- Retrieve images like transcripts, student records, school board minutes, student billing and HR records using key words
- Manage digital records within existing student information systems (SIS), Financial Aid, Admissions and HR applications
- Retrieve student records at any time from your workstation using keywords and full text search
- Avoid the risk of fire, water damage, break-ins, etc. with digital record copies that are backed up and stored at offsite locations, providing a means to recover your data in the event of a disaster
- Host second data copies for immediate online retrieval at BMI’s secure data center
CASE STUDY: JACKSON LOCAL SCHOOLS
Jackson had archived its student records and employment records on microfilm. When a reader printer broke, the school had to select between investing in fixing the equipment or modernizing to a digital solution. After researching a few alternatives, Jackson selected BMI’s Digital ReeL because it was affordable and easy-to-implement.