Insurance Document Scanning & Management Solutions
BMI has a long history of providing document scanning (back-file and day-forward), microfilm conversion and document management solutions for title insurance, life insurance and health insurance companies. Our customized solutions automate the digital conversion, storage, retrieval and management of large libraries of historic property or claims-related records.
Your insurance records are often permanent records and completing your record conversion project right the first time is critical. We have over 50 years of experience in these conversion projects along with many insurance company references. Our secure facilities and experience handling poor quality paper and microfilm records are reasons insurance companies turn to us for their record conversion projects.
Paper and Microfilm Conversion for Insurance Agencies Includes:
- Preserving the original context of historic data is extremely valuable during the digital conversion process because original context enables more accurate searches. A key to reducing losses in title claims is accurate determination of all recorded exposure. There are often unique methods of record keeping in the old records, depending on the organization. Frequently, title companies have inherited several plants (datasets), each created in its own fashion and none of which matches the current posting methodology. Our experience with historic title plant data assets (e.g. lot books, geographic books, maps, posting procedures) and life insurance records (e.g. policies, claims) enables us to digitally scan your assets from paper and microfilm while keeping the history and knowledge base of the old records intact but making them accessible within your current searching environment.
- We specialize in material that has illegible images, uniquely presented, whether from microfilm or paper. A life insurance policy that has illegible sections or a lot book page whose posting cannot be read is not very valuable, no matter how quickly the digital records are displayed on a screen. We have developed methods using grayscale and adjustable grayscale technologies that add a unique photographic quality to all PDF and TIFF records to enhance legibility. Added to this is a process that traps the images in context unlike any other available system, thus preserving the intent of the original authors.
- Our services are independent of your existing systems and software which enables us to format the digital data to your specified format for easy import into your existing electronic record systems.
- We support all industry standard digital formats and can deliver the data on the media of your choice.
- Output can be stand-alone, exported or integrated into a fully absorbed extension of your current host.
- Avoid the need for more storage hardware or IT resources by hosting your historical records at our secure data center.
- Easy, online retrieval of digital PDF and TIFF title plant records, policies or claims by staff or off shore support teams.
- Provide plant access to other entities, in rental, lease arrangements or cooperative use arrangements via our hosting and auditing services.
- Host primary or secondary data copies for immediate online retrieval in the event of a disaster to primary data set (e.g. fire, flood, data center outage).
- Upgrade or modernize your existing document retrieval application.
- Indexing of all title plant and insurance records using unlimited amount of user-specified fields.
- Full-text indexing and search (OCR) unlocks extended possibilities for chain-break searches across all content using any key phrase or number/date/address combinations.
- Meet compliance requirements to redact and remove sensitive information from plant records, insurance policies and claims.