JACKSON LOCAL SCHOOLS | OHIO
“After evaluating the product with our records, we determined that Digital ReeL was the right solution. It was the most affordable option we found that met our requirements.”
– George Woods | District Technology Facilitator
Jackson Local Schools, Ohio had archived its student and employment records on microfilm and microfiche. Searching for records on microfilm was a slow and cumbersome process and when a microfilm reader broke, the school had to make a decision: invest their limited dollars in replacing the reader printer or invest in a microfilm scanning solution.
After researching a few alternatives, Jackson Local Schools selected BMI Imaging’s Digital ReeL because it was affordable and easy-to-implement. Digital ReeL’s software application includes a unique adjustable grayscale feature that enables Jackson users to optimize the quality of difficult-to-read records. In addition, Digital ReeL’s redaction feature enables workers to block out sensitive information prior to sending a school or employment record to those requesting the information.
- Slow, difficult record retrieval due to microfilm and off-site record storage
- Broken reader printer machine in need of repair or replacement
- Limited budget to replace reader printer or to spend on microfilm scanning solution
BMI PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Digital ReeL microfilm and microfiche scanning solution
- Over 100 microfilm rolls and microfiche digitally converted by BMI Imaging
- Digital ReeL software installed on 5 Jackson Local Schools workstations
- Eliminated the need to maintain physical microfilm reader printer
- Immediate record retrieval from a computer workstation
- Adjustable grayscale enhanced the image quality of the entire record archive