If you’re looking for microfiche and microfilm scanning solutions, we’re glad you found us!
Numerous solutions are available to scan your microfilm to digital, and we’re ready to explore the best option for YOU. Each project is unique, a one-of-a-kind event, and we’re excited to help you make your project a success. Explore the information below, or go to our Home Page to see all of our services available to you.
- For a quick start on your project, take a look at our “Frequently Asked Questions” page to see some common questions we receive, and the solutions we provide.
- Not sure what kind of microfiche records you have? Take a look at our “What Kind of Microfilm Do I Have?” page to find out.
- Do your records contain sensitive/confidential information? Our “Security” page gives you an overview of how your records will be handled, which should give you some peace of mind.
We look forward to hearing from you!
BMI Imaging serves private companies and government agencies in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area, including the following industries:
Digital ReeL Overview
The Digital ReeL solution is a Philadelphia Pennsylvania microfilm scanning service that includes software that has been designed for viewing microfilm, microfiche and aperture card digital images; the interface emulates retrieval from a physical reader printer. Performed by BMI at one of our secure microfilm scanning facilities, the Digital ReeL microfilm scanning service creates a precise virtual, digital replica of your microfilm records (the entire roll or card is digitally converted). The Digital ReeL software interface mimics the look and feel of a physical microfilm reader printer so that users can scroll back and forth through a virtual microfilm roll. The best part is that Digital ReeL requires no training. Users simply search and retrieve documents online like they would when using a physical microfilm reader machine.
Cloud Hosting and Installed Options
Simple and incredibly efficient, the Digital ReeL microfilm scanning solution is offered as both an on premise solution and a hosted solution. The on premise solution enables you to purchase the Digital ReeL software and install it at your organization’s site so that your users can easily access images from a PC workstation. The hosted option is ideal for customers who do not want to involve their IT department. BMI will not only perform the microfilm scanning process, but we will also host your virtual microfilm rolls at our secure data center. Your users will access images over the Internet from the Digital ReeL web interface.
If you’re frustrated with your microfiche reader/printer but think it would cost too much to digitally scan your records, we encourage you to look at Digital ReeL – the affordable and easy-to-use microfilm reader/printer replacement solution.
- Enhanced Image Quality with Adjustable Grayscale: users can optimize the quality of each image, making it possible to read images that might be difficult, even impossible to read on your physical microfiche.
- Affordable Microfiche Reader/Printer Replacement Solution: In many cases, scanning your microfiche records to digital costs less than buying a reader/printer, and you won’t have to deal with the hassle of a physical machine!
- No More Physical Units: When you scan your microfiche, you can retire your hardware units and not have to worry about maintenance, space requirements, and all the other nuances of microfiche machines.
BMI Imaging delivers successful microfilm and microfiche conversion solutions to clients in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania from our secure facilities located near San Francisco, CA – the heart of Silicon Valley.