If you’re looking for microfiche scanning solutions, you can stop searching. You’re in the right place.
With over 50 years in the microfiche industry, our team of experts is standing by to work with you to make your microfiche scanning project a success. Numerous options are available to scan your microfiche to digital, and we’re ready to explore the optimal solution for YOU. Each project is unique, a one-of-a-kind event, and this is what we’re good at. Explore the information below, then let us know when you’re ready to engage in detail and we’ll have one of our teammates get in touch with you.
- Not sure what kind of microfiche records you have? Take a look at our “What Kind of Microfilm Do I Have?” page to find out.
- Not comfortable handing over your records to a company you don’t know? Check out our “Security” page to feel good about working with us and knowing your information is safe.
We’d love to work with you, and are looking forward to hearing from you.
BMI Imaging serves private companies and government agencies in Alaska, including the following industries:
Digital ReeL Overview
Digital ReeL is a unique microfiche scanning service that is practical and affordable for infrequently accessed microfiche records.
Standard microfiche and microfilm scanning services that frame and index individual images on microfiche often require manual scan operator review to avoid frame errors and lost images. This required labor often makes this approach too costly for infrequently accessed records on microfiche. Instead of manually extracting individual images on a microfiche, we scan the entire microfiche; we deliver a digital microfiche replica. In addition, we include an easy-to-use web viewer that enables easy online PDF or TIFF record retrieval.
With government and corporate clients all over the Country (read our case studies), Digital ReeL is the Alaska microfiche scanning service you have been looking for.
Secure Microfiche Scanning Facilities & Networks
We have two free-standing NIST SP compliant microfiche scanning facilities in California that are capable of handling the most confidential records.
- Microfiche scanning labs are secure from other parts of our building, with only qualified microfiche scanning technicians allowed via FOB access
- All employees handling microfiche scanning process must go through DoJ background checks
- Media storage vault on-site to store your physical records in safe, climate controlled environment
- No wireless services in the building
Web Viewer Included for Easy, Online Record Retrieval
Digital ReeL includes a web application that looks like a reader printer. Retrieve digital records using your existing micrographic indexing method such as roll label, case number or book/page. Digital ReeL also includes text-search retrieval options to unlock your entire archive. Adjustable grayscale makes it easy to optimize the quality of each image prior to emailing, printing or saving. All images in Digital ReeL are stored in a non-proprietary format (e.g. PDF, TIFF) so that it is easy to import records from Digital ReeL into a different document management system.
Why invest in outdated physical microfiche/microfilm reader printers when you can improve record retrieval and usability by scanning the microfiche? If you’re frustrated with your microfiche reader/printer but think it would cost too much to digitally scan your records, we encourage you to look at Digital ReeL – the affordable and easy-to-use microfilm reader/printer replacement solution.
- Accurate Microfiche Scanning: We convert each physical microfiche sheet in its entirety, ensuring that no image or information is lost. Each microfiche sheet is preserved digitally just as it existed in its physical state.
- Enhanced Image Quality with Adjustable Grayscale: users can optimize the quality of each image, making it possible to read images that might be difficult, even impossible to read on your physical microfiche.
- Affordable Microfiche Reader/Printer Replacement Solution: In many cases, scanning your microfiche records to digital costs less than buying a reader/printer, and you won’t have to deal with the hassle of a physical machine!
BMI Imaging delivers effective document conversion services, document management systems, and microfilm conversion solutions to clients in Alaska from our secure facilities located near San Francisco, CA – the heart of Silicon Valley.