Houston, Texas Microfiche Scanning Service
You’re in the right place if you are looking for a microfiche scanning or microfilm conversion solution.
With over 50 years in the microfilm/microfiche industry, our team of experts is standing by to work with you to make your microfilm and microfiche scanning project a success. Numerous options are available to scan your microform records to digital, and we’re ready to explore the optimal solution for your unique requirements. In most cases, this is a one-of-a-kind event and every project is unique. That is what we are good at.
Explore the information below, then let us know when you’re ready to engage in detail and we’ll have one of our teammates get in touch with you.
- Not sure what kind of microfiche records you have? Take a look at our “What Kind of Microfilm Do I Have?” page to find out.
- Not comfortable handing over your records to a company you don’t know? Check out our “Security” page to feel good about working with us and knowing your information is safe.
BMI Imaging serves private companies and government agencies in the Houston, Texas metro area, including the following industries:
Houston, Texas Microfilm Scanning & Microfiche Conversion Solution
Digital ReeL Overview
Digital ReeL is a practical and affordable Houston, Texas microfiche scanning and microfilm conversion service that is ideal for infrequently accessed records. BMI will convert your microfiche to virtual, digital microfiche at one of our secure, Silicon Valley located facilities in California. Users can easily retrieve standard PDF or TIFF images from an included web-based viewer, thus avoiding the hassles that come with physical microfiche and reader printers. With customers nationwide (read our case studies), Digital ReeL is the microfiche scanning and microfilm conversion service you’ve been looking for.
Unlike standard microfiche scanning services that dissociate individual images from a microfiche (there can be hundreds of images on a microfiche), our microfiche/microfilm scanning service digitizes the entire microfiche/roll. Because we create a digital replica of your original microfiche or microfilm, we eliminate the risk of losing an individual image.
Install at Your Location or Leverage the Cloud
- On Premise: After BMI completes the microfiche/microfilm scanning service, we deliver your digital records along with the Digital ReeL application to your IT department. From there, your records are kept and managed internally. Researchers such as employees, citizens and customers access your digital microfiche records from a computer workstation(s).
- Hosted Option: BMI completes the Houston, Texas microfilm/microfiche scanning service and then hosts your digital microfiche records at our two data centers. Your researchers will log into the Digital ReeL viewer through an Internet browser to search and access records (the same interface as they would if you selected the on premise option).
Easily Retrieve Records from an Online Viewer
The Digital ReeL microfiche scanning / microfilm conversion service includes an online application that emulates retrieval from a reader printer. Users search for individual records using your existing micrographic indexing methodology. Book and page, case number, roll and frame, and more are example indexing methodologies supported by Digital ReeL. In addition, Digital ReeL includes full-text searching capabilities, opening your entire archive up to search for words and key phrases. Overall, you have a solution that makes it easy for users to find information, avoiding the need to ever work with physical microfiche and legacy reader printers again.
Print, Save, Email or Export Standard PDF / TIFF Images
Once users find the records they are looking for, they can easily save, print or email the records from the Digital ReeL viewer. Digital ReeL also makes it easy for users to export documents in a standard format like PDF or TIFF.
Houston, Texas Microfilm Reader Printer Replacement Solution
Why invest in outdated physical microfiche/microfilm reader printers when you can improve record retrieval and usability by scanning the microfiche? If you’re frustrated with your microfiche reader/printer but think it would cost too much to digitally scan your records, we encourage you to look at Digital ReeL – the affordable and easy-to-use microfilm reader/printer replacement solution.
- Accurate Microfiche Scanning: We convert each physical microfiche sheet in its entirety, ensuring that no image or information is lost. Each microfiche sheet is preserved digitally just as it existed in its physical state.
- Enhanced Image Quality with Adjustable Grayscale: users can optimize the quality of each image, making it possible to read images that might be difficult, even impossible to read on your physical microfiche.
- Affordable Microfiche Reader/Printer Replacement Solution: In many cases, scanning your microfiche records to digital costs less than buying a reader/printer, and you won’t have to deal with the hassle of a physical machine!