Louisiana Microfilm Conversion Services
If you’re looking for Louisiana microfilm conversion services, we’re glad you found us!
Numerous solutions are available to scan your microfiche to digital, and we’re ready to explore the best option for YOU. Each project is unique, a one-of-a-kind event, and we’re excited to help you make your project a success. Explore the information below, or go to our Home Page to see all of our services available to you.
- For a quick start on your project, take a look at our “Frequently Asked Questions” page to see some common questions we receive, and the solutions we provide.
- Curious about what makes us a viable option for you? Check out our “Why Choose Us” page to get an idea of why we’d be a great fit for your project.
- Do your records contain sensitive/confidential information? Our “Security” page gives you an overview of how your records will be handled, which should give you some peace of mind.
We look forward to hearing from you!
BMI Imaging serves private companies and government agencies in Louisiana, including the following industries:
Louisiana Microfiche Scanning – Digital ReeL Overview
Digital ReeL is a complete Louisiana microfiche, microfilm, and aperture card scanning solution ideal for any organization with this archival material. The Digital ReeL microfiche scanning solution creates a digital replica of your original microfiche and aperture cards; we scan the entire microfiche sheet so you capture everything and can always see the original content.
Digital ReeL includes a web-based viewer that replicates microfiche retrieval from a physical reader printer. Your users access records using the same search and retrieval methodology they currently utilize, but now leverage an internet-connected device instead of a physical reader.
Digital ReeL combines full-text searching capabilities with the utilization of your existing indexing methodology (e.g. book/page, case number, roll/frame) to enable users to quickly find information. Even multiple indexing methodologies can be accommodated.
Cloud Hosting and Installed Options
- Hosted Application: BMI offers a hosted application for your digital records, stored on servers at our two data centers. Your users will log into the Digital ReeL portal through an Internet browser to search and access records. Easy to access and easy to use!
- On-site Installation: If you’d rather store your records at your location, we can deliver your scanned records along with the Digital ReeL application to your IT department. Your records are kept and managed internally. Users will access your digital microfilm records from a computer workstation(s).
Digital ReeL is the Practical Solution for Your Legacy Records
- Affordable: Digital ReeL is normally priced per microfiche sheet with indexing at the microfiche title level. With this process, you can easily replicate your existing search methods and save money by skipping the expensive document-level indexing step.
- Microfiche Scanning Accuracy: We digitally scan the entire microfiche sheet, preserving your microfiche exactly as they appear physically. No images missed, no data lost.
Louisiana Microfiche Reader/Printer Replacement Solution
If you’re frustrated with your microfiche reader/printer but think it would cost too much to digitally scan your records, we encourage you to look at Digital ReeL – the affordable and easy-to-use microfiche and microfilm reader/printer replacement solution.
- Enhanced Image Quality with Adjustable Grayscale: users can optimize the quality of each image, making it possible to read images that might be difficult, even impossible to read on your physical microfiche.
- Affordable Microfiche Reader/Printer Replacement Solution: In many cases, scanning your microfiche records to digital costs less than buying a reader/printer, and you won’t have to deal with the hassle of a physical machine!
- Accurate Microfiche Scanning: We convert each physical microfiche sheet in its entirety, ensuring that no image or information is lost. Each microfiche sheet is preserved digitally just as it existed in its physical state.