Louisville, Kentucky Microfilm Reader Printer Replacement
If you’re looking for a replacement solution to your microfilm reader/printer hardware units, you can stop searching. You’re in the right place.
With over 50 years in the microfiche industry, our team of experts is standing by to work with you to make your microfiche scanning project a success. Numerous options are available to scan your microfiche to digital, and we’re ready to explore the optimal solution for YOU. Each project is unique, a one-of-a-kind event, and this is what we’re good at. Explore the information below, then let us know when you’re ready to engage in detail and we’ll have one of our teammates get in touch with you.
- Not sure what kind of microfiche records you have? Take a look at our “What Kind of Microfilm Do I Have?” page to find out.
- Not comfortable handing over your records to a company you don’t know? Check out our “Security” page to feel good about working with us and knowing your information is safe.
We’d love to work with you, and are looking forward to hearing from you.
BMI Imaging serves private companies and government agencies in the Louisville, Kentucky metro area, including the following industries:
Louisville, Kentucky Microfilm Scanning – Digital ReeL Overview
Digital ReeL is a complete microfiche scanning solution ideal for government agencies and companies. Our microfiche scanning solution scans each of your physical microfiche records to virtual microfiche replicas at our secure facility (on-site option available). The Digital ReeL microfilm scanning service creates a virtual replica of your original microfiche, microfilm, or aperture cards. We digitally scan the entire unit.
Digital ReeL includes a web-based viewer that replicates microfiche and microfilm retrieval from a physical reader printer. Your users access records using the same search and retrieval methodology they currently utilize, but now leverage an internet-connected device instead of a physical reader.
Digital ReeL combines full-text searching capabilities with the utilization of your existing indexing methodology (e.g. book/page, case number, roll/frame) to enable users to quickly find information. Even multiple indexing methodologies can be accommodated.
Cloud Hosting and Installed Options
- Hosted Option: BMI completes the microfiche scanning service and then hosts your digital microfiche records at our two data centers. Your researchers will log into the Digital ReeL viewer through an Internet browser to search and access records (the same interface as they would if you selected the on-site option).
- On-Site Install: After BMI completes the microfiche scanning service, we deliver your digital records along with the Digital ReeL application to your IT department. From there, your records are kept and managed internally. Researchers such as employees, citizens and customers access your digital microfiche records from a computer workstation(s).
Digital ReeL is the Practical Solution for Your Archival Records
- Affordable: Digital ReeL is normally priced per microfiche sheet with indexing at the microfiche title level. With this process, you can easily replicate your existing search methods and save money by skipping the expensive document-level indexing step.
- Microfiche Scanning Accuracy: We digitally scan the entire microfiche sheet, preserving your microfiche exactly as they appear physically. No images missed, no data lost.
- Adjustable Grayscale Enhancement: Optimize the quality of tough-to-read images with grayscale enhancement. Unlike solutions that provide static grayscale images, Digital ReeL includes the ability to adjust the brightness and contrast of individual images to provide you the most legible image.
Louisville, Kentucky Microfiche Reader/Printer Replacement Solution
Why invest in outdated physical reader/printers when you can improve record retrieval and usability by scanning the microfiche? If you’re frustrated with your microfiche reader/printer but think it would cost too much to digitally scan your records, we encourage you to look at Digital ReeL – the affordable and easy-to-use microfilm reader/printer replacement solution.
- Accurate Microfiche Scanning: We convert each physical microfiche sheet in its entirety, ensuring that no image or information is lost. Each microfiche sheet is preserved digitally just as it existed in its physical state.
- Enhanced Image Quality with Adjustable Grayscale: users can optimize the quality of each image, making it possible to read images that might be difficult, even impossible to read on your physical microfiche.
- Affordable Microfiche Reader/Printer Replacement Solution: In many cases, scanning your microfiche records to digital costs less than buying a reader/printer, and you won’t have to deal with the hassle of a physical machine!