If you’re looking for microfiche and microfilm scanning solutions, we’re glad you found us!
Numerous solutions are available to scan your microfilm to digital, and we’re ready to explore the best option for YOU. Each project is unique, a one-of-a-kind event, and we’re excited to help you make your project a success. Explore the information below, or go to our Home Page to see all of our services available to you.
- For a quick start on your project, take a look at our “Frequently Asked Questions” page to see some common questions we receive, and the solutions we provide.
- Not sure what kind of microfiche records you have? Take a look at our “What Kind of Microfilm Do I Have?” page to find out.
- Do your records contain sensitive/confidential information? Our “Security” page gives you an overview of how your records will be handled, which should give you some peace of mind.
We look forward to hearing from you!
BMI Imaging serves private companies and government agencies in the Missouri metro area, including the following industries:
Digital ReeL Overview
Located in Northern California, BMI Imaging offers an innovative microfilm scanning solution called Digital ReeL. Digital ReeL is an affordable, practical solution ideal for infrequently accessed microfilm archives. Digital ReeL has customers nationwide (read our case studies) and is available to government and business organizations throughout the state of Missouri. Digital ReeL customers include government organizations such as sheriffs, police departments, clerks, recorders, education and companies in verticals like insurance and energy.
BMI will complete the microfilm scanning process at one of our secure facilities. On-site options are available if your records cannot leave your facility. Our Digital ReeL microfilm scanning service creates a virtual replica of your original microfilm (or microfiche). The entire microfilm roll or microfiche is digitally converted.
Access Records Using the Same Indexing You Are Currently Using
The Digital ReeL microfilm scanning solution includes a web-based viewer. Researchers retrieve virtual microfilm rolls from a computer through a viewer that looks like a reader printer, avoiding the hassles that come with using physical microfilm.
Digital ReeL combines full-text searching capabilities with your existing micrographic indexing methodology to enable users to search and find digital records of interest. Example indexing methodologies include book and page, case number and roll and frame. Almost any micrographic indexing schema is supported – even multiple indexing methodologies can be accommodated. Full-text search complements your existing index, enabling researchers to locate words, phrases and numbers across the entire digital microfilm archive.
If you’re frustrated with your microfiche reader/printer but think it would cost too much to digitally scan your records, we encourage you to look at Digital ReeL – the affordable and easy-to-use microfilm reader/printer replacement solution.
- Enhanced Image Quality with Adjustable Grayscale: users can optimize the quality of each image, making it possible to read images that might be difficult, even impossible to read on your physical microfiche.
- Affordable Microfiche Reader/Printer Replacement Solution: In many cases, scanning your microfiche records to digital costs less than buying a reader/printer, and you won’t have to deal with the hassle of a physical machine!
- No More Physical Units: When you scan your microfiche, you can retire your hardware units and not have to worry about maintenance, space requirements, and all the other nuances of microfiche machines.
BMI Imaging delivers successful microfilm and microfiche conversion solutions to clients in Missouri from our secure facilities located near San Francisco, CA – the heart of Silicon Valley.