Oakland County, Michigan Microfilm Scanning
If you’re looking for microfiche and microfilm scanning solutions, we’re glad you found us!
Numerous solutions are available to scan your microfilm to digital, and we’re ready to explore the best option for YOU. Each project is unique, a one-of-a-kind event, and we’re excited to help you make your project a success. Explore the information below, or go to our Home Page to see all of our services available to you.
- For a quick start on your project, take a look at our “Frequently Asked Questions” page to see some common questions we receive, and the solutions we provide.
- Not sure what kind of microfiche records you have? Take a look at our “What Kind of Microfilm Do I Have?” page to find out.
- Do your records contain sensitive/confidential information? Our “Security” page gives you an overview of how your records will be handled, which should give you some peace of mind.
We look forward to hearing from you!
BMI Imaging serves private companies and government agencies in Oakland County, including the following industries:
Oakland County Microfilm Scanning Solution – Digital ReeL Overview
Digital ReeL is a complete Oakland County, Michigan microfilm and aperture card scanning solution ideal for any organization with this archival material. The Digital ReeL microfilm and microfiche scanning solution creates a digital replica of your original microfilm and aperture cards; we scan the entire roll of microfilm and aperture card so you capture everything and can always see the original content.
Digital ReeL includes a web-based viewer that replicates microfilm retrieval from a physical reader printer. Your users access records using the same search and retrieval methodology they currently utilize, but now leverage an internet-connected device instead of a physical reader.
Digital ReeL combines full-text searching capabilities with the utilization of your existing indexing methodology (e.g. book/page, case number, roll/frame) to enable users to quickly find information. Even multiple indexing methodologies can be accommodated.
Cloud Hosting and Installed Options
- Hosted Application: BMI offers a hosted application for your digital records, stored on servers at our two data centers. Your users will log into the Digital ReeL portal through an Internet browser to search and access records. Easy to access and easy to use!
- On-site Installation: If you’d rather store your records at your location, we can deliver your scanned records along with the Digital ReeL application to your IT department. Your records are kept and managed internally. Users will access your digital microfilm records from a computer workstation(s).
Digital ReeL is the Practical Solution for Your Legacy Records
- Adjustable Grayscale Enhancement: Optimize the quality of tough-to-read images with grayscale enhancement. Unlike solutions that provide static grayscale images, Digital ReeL includes the ability to adjust the brightness and contrast of individual images to provide you the most legible image.
- Affordable: Digital ReeL is normally priced per microfiche sheet with indexing at the microfiche title level. With this process, you can easily replicate your existing search methods and save money by skipping the expensive document-level indexing step.
Oakland County Michigan Microfilm Reader/Printer Replacement Solution
If you’re frustrated with your microfilm reader/printer but think it would cost too much to digitally scan your records, we encourage you to look at Digital ReeL – the affordable and easy-to-use microfilm reader/printer replacement solution.
- Enhanced Image Quality with Adjustable Grayscale: users can optimize the quality of each image, making it possible to read images that might be difficult, even impossible to read on your physical microfiche.
- Affordable Reader/Printer Replacement Solution: In many cases, scanning your microfiche records to digital costs less than buying a reader/printer, and you won’t have to deal with the hassle of a physical machine!
- No More Physical Units: When you scan your microfiche, you can retire your hardware units and not have to worry about maintenance, space requirements, and all the other nuances of microfiche machines.