South Carolina Microfilm Conversion Services
If you’re looking for microfiche scanning solutions, you can stop searching. You’re in the right place.
With over 50 years in the microfiche industry, our team of experts is standing by to work with you to make your microfiche scanning project a success. Numerous options are available to scan your microfiche to digital, and we’re ready to explore the optimal solution for YOU. Each project is unique, a one-of-a-kind event, and this is what we’re good at. Explore the information below, then let us know when you’re ready to engage in detail and we’ll have one of our teammates get in touch with you.
- Not sure what kind of microfiche records you have? Take a look at our “What Kind of Microfilm Do I Have?” page to find out.
- Not comfortable handing over your records to a company you don’t know? Check out our “Security” page to feel good about working with us and knowing your information is safe.
We’d love to work with you, and are looking forward to hearing from you.
BMI Imaging serves private companies and government agencies in South Carolina, including the following industries:
South Carolina Microfilm & Microfiche Scanning
Digital ReeL Overview
Digital ReeL is a practical and affordable South Carolina microfilm conversion service that is ideal for infrequently accessed records. BMI will convert your microfilm to virtual, digital microfilm rolls at one of our secure, Silicon Valley located facilities in California. Users can easily retrieve standard PDF or TIFF images from an included web-based viewer, thus avoiding the hassles that come with physical microfilm and reader printers. With customers nationwide (read our case studies), Digital ReeL is the South Carolina microfilm conversion service you have been looking for.
No Lost Records During the Conversion Process
Unlike standard microfilm conversion services that dissociate individual images from a microfilm roll (there can be thousands of images on a microfilm roll), our microfilm conversion service digitizes the entire microfilm roll. Because we create a digital replica of your original microfilm or microfiche, we eliminate the risk of losing an individual image.
Easily Retrieve Records from an Online Viewer
The Digital ReeL microfilm conversion service includes an online application that emulates microfilm retrieval from a reader printer. Users search for individual records using your existing micrographic indexing methodology. Book and page, case number, roll and frame, and more are example indexing methodologies supported by Digital ReeL. In addition, Digital ReeL includes full-text searching capabilities, opening your entire archive up to search for words and key phrases. Overall, you have a solution that makes it easy for users to find information, avoiding the need to ever work with physical microfilm and legacy reader printers again.
Print, Save, Email or Export Standard PDF / TIFF Images
Once users find the records they are looking for, they can easily save, print or email the records from the Digital ReeL viewer. Digital ReeL also makes it easy for users to export documents in a standard format like PDF or TIFF.
Cloud Hosting and Installed Options
- On Premise: After BMI completes the South Carolina microfilm conversion service, your IT department manages your newly created digital records.
- Cloud Option: BMI not only performs the microfilm conversion service, but also hosts your digital records at our secure data center.
Digital ReeL is the Practical Solution for Your Archival Records
- Affordable: Digital ReeL is normally priced per microfiche sheet with indexing at the microfiche title level. With this process, you can easily replicate your existing search methods and save money by skipping the expensive document-level indexing step.
- Microfiche Scanning Accuracy: We digitally scan the entire microfiche sheet, preserving your microfiche exactly as they appear physically. No images missed, no data lost.
- Adjustable Grayscale Enhancement: Optimize the quality of tough-to-read images with grayscale enhancement. Unlike solutions that provide static grayscale images, Digital ReeL includes the ability to adjust the brightness and contrast of individual images to provide you the most legible image.
South Carolina Microfiche Reader Printer Replacement Solution
Why invest in outdated physical microfiche/microfilm reader printers when you can improve record retrieval and usability by scanning the microfiche? If you’re frustrated with your microfiche reader/printer but think it would cost too much to digitally scan your records, we encourage you to look at Digital ReeL – the affordable and easy-to-use microfilm reader/printer replacement solution.