If you’re looking for microfiche scanning solutions, we’re glad you found us!
Numerous solutions are available to scan your microfiche to digital, and we’re ready to explore the best option for YOU. Each project is unique, a one-of-a-kind event, and we’re excited to help you make your project a success. Explore the information below, or go to our Home Page to see all of our services available to you.
- For a quick start on your project, take a look at our “Frequently Asked Questions” page to see some common questions we receive, and the solutions we provide.
- Curious about what makes us a viable option for you? Check out our “Why Choose Us” page to get an idea of why we’d be a great fit for your project.
- Do your records contain sensitive/confidential information? Our “Security” page gives you an overview of how your records will be handled, which should give you some peace of mind.
We look forward to hearing from you!
BMI Imaging serves private companies and government agencies in Washington, including the following industries:
Digital ReeL Overview
Digital ReeL is a Washington microfilm conversion solution – BMI Imaging completes the microfilm conversion service for you and includes a software viewer that makes it simple and easy for users to locate records online.
The Digital ReeL microfilm conversion service creates a digital replica of your original microfilm or microfiche. The entire microfilm roll or fiche is digitally converted. The Digital ReeL microfilm conversion solution includes a software application that emulates microfilm retrieval from a reader printer. Users retrieve virtual microfilm rolls from a PC workstation, avoiding the hassles that come with physical microfilm and legacy reader printers.
BMI will scan your microfilm to digital, virtual microfilm rolls (at our facility or on-site at your organization). Our microfilm conversion service creates a digital replica of your original microfilm – an exact digital representation of each microfilm roll is created. The Digital ReeL microfilm conversion solution includes a software viewer that emulates microfilm retrieval from a reader printer. Users access virtual microfilm roll records through a web browser, avoiding the hassles that come with physical microfilm and out-of-date reader printers.
Why invest in outdated physical microfiche reader/printers when you can improve record retrieval and usability by scanning the microfiche? If you’re frustrated with your microfiche reader/printer but think it would cost too much to digitally scan your records, we encourage you to look at Digital ReeL – the affordable and easy-to-use microfiche and microfilm reader/printer replacement solution.
- Practical, Affordable Price: Digital ReeL is priced 50% less than standard microfilm conversion solutions because we leverage your existing micrographic index (avoiding much of the labor-intensive processes associated with indexing individual digital images).
- Microfilm Conversion Accuracy: Our microfilm conversion process is accurate because we convert the entire microfilm roll. Other services dissociate individual images from the roll (and images will get lost during the microfilm conversion process). Because we convert the entire microfilm roll, no images or details are lost, digitally preserving your microfilm archive just like it appeared in its physical state.
- Adjustable Grayscale Image Quality: Other solutions may offer grayscale, but it is static, meaning you can’t optimize the grayscale image. Digital ReeL includes an adjustment feature that enables users to fine tune the quality of each image, making it possible to view images that once might have been illegible.
BMI Imaging delivers successful microfilm and microfiche conversion solutions to clients in Washington from our secure facilities located near San Francisco, CA – the heart of Silicon Valley.