Washington Microfilm Conversion Solution
If you’re looking for microfiche scanning solutions, we’re glad you found us!
Numerous solutions are available to scan your microfiche to digital, and we’re ready to explore the best option for YOU. Each project is unique, a one-of-a-kind event, and we’re excited to help you make your project a success. Explore the information below, or go to our Home Page to see all of our services available to you.
- For a quick start on your project, take a look at our “Frequently Asked Questions” page to see some common questions we receive, and the solutions we provide.
- Curious about what makes us a viable option for you? Check out our “Why Choose Us” page to get an idea of why we’d be a great fit for your project.
- Do your records contain sensitive/confidential information? Our “Security” page gives you an overview of how your records will be handled, which should give you some peace of mind.
We look forward to hearing from you!
BMI Imaging serves private companies and government agencies in Washington, including the following industries:
Washington Microfiche Scanning Solution
Digital ReeL Overview
Digital ReeL is a Washington microfilm conversion solution – BMI Imaging completes the microfilm conversion service for you and includes a software viewer that makes it simple and easy for users to locate records online.
The Digital ReeL microfilm conversion service creates a digital replica of your original microfilm or microfiche. The entire microfilm roll or fiche is digitally converted. The Digital ReeL microfilm conversion solution includes a software application that emulates microfilm retrieval from a reader printer. Users retrieve virtual microfilm rolls from a PC workstation, avoiding the hassles that come with physical microfilm and legacy reader printers.
BMI will scan your microfilm to digital, virtual microfilm rolls (at our facility or on-site at your organization). Our microfilm conversion service creates a digital replica of your original microfilm – an exact digital representation of each microfilm roll is created. The Digital ReeL microfilm conversion solution includes a software viewer that emulates microfilm retrieval from a reader printer. Users access virtual microfilm roll records through a web browser, avoiding the hassles that come with physical microfilm and out-of-date reader printers.
On Premise Version and Digital ReeL Cloud Option Available
- Digital ReeL On Premise Version: After we complete the microfilm conversion service at our facility (or your site), we deliver your IT department the digitally converted microfilm roll records and the Digital ReeL application. Users access records from a PC through the Digital ReeL interface.
- Digital ReeL Cloud Option: BMI completes not only the microfilm conversion service, but also stores your digital microfilm roll records at our secure data center. Users log into the Internet and access their images from the Digital ReeL web viewer. Combining Digital ReeL with BMI’s Document Hosting Service is the perfect solution for organizations seeking the benefits of cloud computing.
Digital ReeL is the Practical Solution for Your Legacy Records
- Affordable: Digital ReeL is normally priced per microfiche sheet with indexing at the microfiche title level. With this process, you can easily replicate your existing search methods and save money by skipping the expensive document-level indexing step.
- Microfiche Scanning Accuracy: We digitally scan the entire microfiche sheet, preserving your microfiche exactly as they appear physically. No images missed, no data lost.
- Indexing and Search: Digital ReeL combines full-text searching capabilities with your existing micrographic indexing methodology to allow users to quickly find information. Multiple indexing methodologies are supported, including book and page, case number, roll and frame, and more.
- Secure Facilities: Digital ReeL’s Washington microfilm conversion service is completed at one of BMI Imaging’s two HIPAA-compliant secure facilities (optional on-site conversion is available). To ensure the safety of your information while in our hands, each one of our production facilities includes alarm and sprinkler systems, fire-suppression equipment, remote monitoring and tightly controlled facility access.
Washington Microfiche Reader Printer Replacement Solution
Why invest in outdated physical microfiche reader/printers when you can improve record retrieval and usability by scanning the microfiche? If you’re frustrated with your microfiche reader/printer but think it would cost too much to digitally scan your records, we encourage you to look at Digital ReeL – the affordable and easy-to-use microfiche and microfilm reader/printer replacement solution.
- Practical, Affordable Price: Digital ReeL is priced 50% less than standard microfilm conversion solutions because we leverage your existing micrographic index (avoiding much of the labor-intensive processes associated with indexing individual digital images).
- Microfilm Conversion Accuracy: Our microfilm conversion process is accurate because we convert the entire microfilm roll. Other services dissociate individual images from the roll (and images will get lost during the microfilm conversion process). Because we convert the entire microfilm roll, no images or details are lost, digitally preserving your microfilm archive just like it appeared in its physical state.
- Adjustable Grayscale Image Quality: Other solutions may offer grayscale, but it is static, meaning you can’t optimize the grayscale image. Digital ReeL includes an adjustment feature that enables users to fine tune the quality of each image, making it possible to view images that once might have been illegible.