West Virginia Microfilm Scanner Alternative
If you’re looking for a microfilm scanner alternative, we are glad you found us! We want to help you get away from hardware.
There are many options to scan your microfilm to digital, and we’re ready to explore the optimal solution for YOU. Every project has unique elements to it and most are one-of-a-kind events. We are excited to collaborate with you to ensure your project is a success. Explore our site and let us know when you’re ready to engage. One of our teammates will reach out.
- Start with our “Frequently Asked Questions” page to get a sense of common questions people in your shoes are asking. You’ll also get an idea of the types of microfilm and microfiche scanning solutions we provide.
- What makes us unique and why trust us with this important, one-time event? It starts with our experience. Learn how we’ve helped other customers solve their microfilm conversion dilemmas on the “Case Studies” page.
BMI Imaging serves West Virginia private companies and government agencies. We work with all types of organizations, including the following industries:
West Virginia Microfilm & Microfiche Conversion Solution – Digital ReeL Overview
Digital ReeL is a complete microfilm, microfiche, and aperture card scanning solution ideal for any organization seeking to digitally convert physical microfilm or microfiche material. Our microfiche/microfilm conversion solutions provide for scanning of your physical microfilm rolls and sheets into a digital format at our secure facility. The Digital ReeL microfiche, aperture card and microfilm scanning solution creates a virtual, digital replica of your original physical material. We digitally scan the entire roll of microfilm and the entire microfiche sheet so you capture everything.
We offer an easy-to-use web-based viewer that emulates microfilm retrieval from a physical reader printer. The great thing for you and your team is that there is no change when it comes to search and retrieval. Access is exactly the same as it is now. The only difference is that you are now leveraging a modern app instead of a worn down physical reader.
Even better, Digital ReeL combines full-text searching capabilities with the utilization of your existing indexing methodology (e.g. book/page, case number, roll/frame) to enable users to quickly find information. Even multiple indexing methodologies can be accommodated. If you can’t find it with your existing index, no problem. Use full text search to locate a record with say a last name, street name – any word you want.
Cloud Hosting and Installed Options
- Hosted, Software as a Service: Many organizations are working hard to eliminate on premise infrastructure expenses and leverage cloud whenever it makes sense. With this option, we’ll host your digital records at our two data centers. Your users then log into the Digital ReeL viewer through the web. They can easily search and retrieve needed records.
- On Premise: A classic approach that still makes sense for many organizations. After we scan your microfilm, microfiche or aperture cards, we deliver the digital archive to your IT department. We then work to implement our Digital ReeL application on your infrastructure. Your digital records are then stored and managed as part of your own IT systems and processes. Your employees (and perhaps citizens or customers) then access your digital microfilm/microfiche archive from secure workstations.
Digital ReeL is the Practical Solution for Your Legacy Records
- Microfiche Scanning Accuracy: each microfilm and microfiche is digitally preserved just as it existed physically so that you know that no records are lost as the digital conversion process takes place.
- Easily Retrieve Records from Digital ReeL: use the same index you use in your physical archive (e.g. book/page, microfiche number, case number, roll/frame); full-text search included to really unlock the archive for users
- Adjustable Grayscale Image Enhancement: fine tune the quality of difficult-to-read images; even images that are impossible to read on your physical microfiche may be brought back to life with this feature.
- Affordable Microfilm Scanning Solution: Digital ReeL is priced per microfiche and microfilm roll; it has been designed with an affordable price point for infrequently accessed records on any type of microform.
West Virginia Microfiche Reader Printer Replacement Solution
If you have a poorly performing or broken microfiche reader, now is the ideal time to digitally convert your records. Why invest in outdated physical microfilm reader/printers when you can improve record retrieval and usability by digitally scanning your archive? Have you explored this in the past and think it’s too expensive? Not anymore! Take a new look at Digital ReeL – the affordable and easy-to-use microfilm reader/printer replacement solution.