Alexandria, Virginia Microfiche Digitization
Several options are available to you to scan your microfilm and microfiche, and we’re ready to find the optimal solution for YOU. Every project is unique, and we’re here to make sure that you get it done right the first time. Let us know when you’re ready to discuss your project and we’ll have one of our reps get in touch with you.
- Not sure what kind of microfilm records you have? Take a look at our “What Kind of Microfilm Do I Have?” page to find out.
- Wondering why you should trust us with your scanning project, a once-in-a-lifetime endeavor? Our customers on our “Case Studies” page will tell you why!
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
We serve private companies and government agencies in the Alexandria area, including the following industries:
Alexandria Document Management Solution
Digital ReeL Overview
Digital ReeL is a complete microfilm scanning solution ideal for government agencies and companies. We scan each of your microfilm rolls into an electronic format at our secure facility, and Digital ReeL displays a virtual replica of your original microfilm, microfiche, or aperture cards. We digitally scan the entire roll of microfilm.
It includes a web-based viewer that replicates microfilm retrieval from a physical reader printer. Your users access records using the same search and retrieval methodology they currently utilize, but now leverage an internet-connected device instead of a physical reader.
Digital ReeL combines full-text searching capabilities with the utilization of your existing indexing methodology (e.g. book/page, case number, roll/frame) to enable users to quickly find information.
Cloud Hosting and Installed Options
- Hosted: Your users will log into the Digital ReeL app through a web browser to search and access records, without making you have to deal with the IT infrastructure.
- On-Site: After we finish scanning your microfiche, we’ll send you the digital files and database to install Digital ReeL on your network. From there, your records are stored and managed internally. Users will access your digital microfiche records from a computer workstation.
Digital ReeL is the Practical Solution for Your Legacy Records
- Microfilm Scanning Accuracy: We digitally scan the entire microfilm roll, preserving your microfilm exactly as it appears physically. No images missed, no data lost.
- Adjustable Grayscale Enhancement: Optimize the quality of tough-to-read images with grayscale enhancement. Unlike solutions that provide static grayscale images, Digital ReeL includes the ability to adjust the brightness and contrast of individual images to provide you the most legible image.
- Cropped Image Output: Want some PDFs or TIFFs as backup? No problem, we can export images for you and get them to you on a USB drive or through an FTP site.
Alexandria, VA Microfiche Reader Printer Replacement Solution
Why invest in outdated physical microfilm reader/printers when you can improve record retrieval and usability by scanning the microfiche? If you’re frustrated with your microfiche reader/printer but think it would cost too much to digitally scan your records, we encourage you to look at Digital ReeL – the affordable and easy-to-use microfilm reader/printer replacement solution.
- Accurate Microfilm Scanning: We convert each physical microfilm roll in its entirety, ensuring that no image or information is lost. Each microfilm roll is preserved digitally just as it existed in its physical state.
- Enhanced Image Quality with Adjustable Grayscale: users can optimize the quality of each image, making it possible to read images that might be difficult, even impossible to read on your physical microfiche.
Take a look at our comparison of a reader/printer and our Digital ReeL solution!
Want to learn more about microfilm scanning and digital conversion? Take a look at some of our articles covering various aspects of services that may help you:
Microfilm Deterioration: How to Identify it and How to Preserve Your Content – don’t let your film get ruined by neglect! Learn the signs of decay.
Legacy Data Migration – converting and migrating digital images from one system to another.
Microfilm Transportation: 3 Ways to Safely Send Your Microfilm and Microfiche – know your options for transportation when you start a project.