Newark, New Jersey Microfilm Scanning
If you’re looking for a microfilm conversion solution (any type – microfilm, microfiche, aperture cards, etc.), we’re glad you found us!
You’ve got a lot of options to scan your microfilm to an electronic format, and we’re ready to explore the optimal solution for YOU. Every project has unique elements to it and most are one-of-a-kind events. Let us know when you’re ready to chat and we’ll have one of our reps get reach out.
- Start with our “Frequently Asked Questions” page to get a sense of common questions people in your shoes are asking. You’ll also get an idea of the types of microfilm and microfiche scanning solutions we provide.
- What makes us unique and why trust us with this important, one-time event? It starts with our experience. Learn how we’ve helped other customers solve their microfilm conversion dilemmas on the “Case Studies” page.
We’re located in Northern California and we serve Newark area private companies and government agencies. We work with all types of organizations, including the following industries:
Newark, NJ Microfilm & Microfiche Conversion Solution
Digital ReeL Overview
Digital ReeL is a complete microfilm, microfiche, and aperture card scanning solution ideal for any organization seeking to digitally convert physical microfilm or microfiche material. We’ll scan your physical microfilm rolls and sheets into a digital format at our secure facility and then our Digital ReeL application presents a virtual replica of your original physical material. We digitally scan the entire roll of microfilm and the entire microfiche sheet so you capture everything.
We offer an easy-to-use web-based viewer that emulates microfilm retrieval from a physical reader printer. The great thing for you and your team is that there’s no change when it comes to search and retrieval. Access is the same as it is now with the benefit that you’re now leveraging a modern app instead of a worn down physical reader.
Even better, Digital ReeL combines full-text searching capabilities with your existing indexing methodology (e.g. book/page, case number, roll/frame) to enable users to quickly find information. If you can’t find the record with your existing index, no problem. Use full text search to locate a record by searching your entire database!
Cloud Hosting and On-site Options
- Hosted, Software as a Service: Many organizations are working hard to eliminate on premise infrastructure expenses and leverage the cloud whenever it makes sense. With this option, we’ll host your digital records at our two data centers. Your users then log into the Digital ReeL app through the web.
- On-Site: A classic approach that still makes sense for many organizations. After we scan your microfilm, microfiche or aperture cards, we deliver the digital archive (images and database) to you and implement your Digital ReeL dataset within your infrastructure. Your digital records are stored and managed as part of your own IT systems and processes. Your users then access your digital microfilm/microfiche archive from their workstations.
Digital ReeL is the Practical Solution for Your Legacy Records
- Microfiche Scanning Accuracy: each microfilm and microfiche is digitally preserved just as it existed physically so that you know that no records are lost as the digital conversion process takes place.
- Easily Retrieve Records from Digital ReeL: use the same index you use in your physical archive (e.g. book/page, microfiche number, case number, roll/frame); full-text search included to really unlock the archive for users.
- Adjustable Grayscale Image Enhancement: fine tune the quality of difficult-to-read images; even images that are impossible to read on your physical microfiche may be brought back to life with this feature.
- Affordable Microfilm Scanning Solution: Digital ReeL is priced per microfiche and microfilm roll; it has been designed with an affordable price point for infrequently accessed records on any type of microform.
Newark Microfiche Reader Printer Replacement Solution
If you have a poorly performing or broken microfiche reader, now’s the ideal time to digitally convert your records. Why invest in outdated physical microfilm reader/printers when you can improve record retrieval and usability by digitally scanning your archive? Have you explored this in the past and think it’s too expensive? Not anymore! Take a new look at Digital ReeL – the affordable and easy-to-use microfilm reader/printer replacement solution.
Take a look at our comparison of a reader/printer and our Digital ReeL solution!
Want to learn more about microfilm scanning and digital conversion? Take a look at some of our articles covering various aspects of services that may help you:
Creating A Conversion Process Flow … For You! – we create a unique project process flow for each of our customers to ensure their project’s success.
Legacy Data Migration – converting and migrating digital images from one system to another.
How Much Microfilm and Microfiche Do I Have? – learn how to estimate the size of your microfilm collection.