10 Questions To Ask When Researching A Microfilm Conversion Partner
You’re trying to transition your organization from using old microfilm records and obsolete reader/printers to using an electronic records application. The process of digitizing your microfilm is more involved than you might expect.
There’s a lot that goes into a scanning project:
It’s critical that you do your due diligence when choosing your microfilm conversion partner. Here are 10 questions that you should ask during the decision-making process:
1) What is this company’s primary business? Is it microfilm scanning or just “scan everything?”
2) Do they have references? Case studies?
3) What is a microfilm scanning project they’ve completed that’s similar to mine?
4) Will they accommodate my needs, not just “sell” me some snake oil?
5) What kind of security to they implement? How are their employees vetted?
6) Do they have any examples of what they can do, such as videos or webinars?
7) Are they hiding their pricing or do they let me know before I have to call them?
8) Where are they located? Do I want them to be local or does it matter if I have to send them my records?
9) Are they experts in their business? Do they provide information about their business so I can learn more?
10) Will they try to sell me a single product, or do they have options to fit what’s best for me?
Are you ready to take the first step on your microfilm scanning journey? Give us a call at 800.359.3456 or send an email to email@example.com and we’ll have one of our reps reach out to you to discuss your project requirements and any questions you may have.
Want to know more about scanning options for your microfilm and microfiche? Check out some of these articles:
“How To Choose The Right Microfilm Scanning Partner” will give you ideas about how to choose a company that’s right for you and your microfilm scanning project.
“How Much Does Microfilm Scanning Cost?” lays out the factors that influence what you pay. Are you curious to learn how much scanning your film will be? Learn about it here.
“The BMI Project Review Process” describes the method we use to take your project from idea to reality. Every project is unique, and your project deserves to be treated as special.